Friday 15 February 2013

Valentine's day...How was it??

How was your Valentine’s day? Hope all of you had a wonderful, happy day. I had a good day...I just love any reason to feel special :)
My plan was to make something special for T, he likes Indian food, anything sweet and I always have only one thing on my mind – calories!!!! I started with making a skinny banana bread for breakfast (I split the recipe for ½ a loaf...I wanted to split it more but then it was difficult to measure the ingredients
Then for dinner I made grilled chicken and marinated it with some Indian spices (avoided the gravy :) still had Indian flavours). I cooked some lentils (This was also healthy, just lentils and spices and little olive oil) as usual we had some steamed vegetables and the final thing on the menu was pilaf (this was the unhealthy part...I completely skipped it and T promised to work out more today)
All in all I think we were good in terms of watching what we ate and had a great time...
Here’s the recipe for the banana bread
(The recipe is for 1 loaf – 13 slices – each slice 129 calories, you can further reduce the calories to 106 by not adding walnuts)

Ingredients
  • 3-4 ripe medium bananas, mashed
  • .25 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1.25 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • .75tsp baking soda
  • .25 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp butter, softened
  • .50 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 large egg whites
  • .5 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 oz chopped walnuts
  • baking spray
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease one 8x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
  2. Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) 
  3.  Beat together the butter and sugar 
  4.  Add egg white, apple sauce and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar 
  5.  Add the dry ingredients and walnuts 
  6.  Blend everything at a low speed 
  7.  Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes (check if toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean)
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a lovely day! Your dinner preparation sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete