Thursday 18 July 2013

My Barbell exercises

This is one of my most recent workout plans, I do this at home with a barbell and adjustable weights (I use 10 kgs). This is one of my short but very effective workout plans, because the weights used are not too heavy I keep my rest period between intervals short, usually stick to 30 seconds after every interval
--
(As usual the exercises have links for you to get an idea of the form)
Equipment : Barbell with adjustable weights

Warm up (climb stairs for about 5 minutes or do some squats/lunges/kicks with no weights)
Interval
Repeat interval 5 times
  • Stretch  after all repetitions  
I usually time myself so I don't get carried away and take more rest in between sets, On a good day I try and stick to a little over 30 minutes (interval + stretch)
I would  like to point out I'm no fitness expert these are things I learnt along the way of my weight loss journey by surfing the internet and going for fitness classes.
As usual let me know how you liked these exercises? Do you have any more exercises that I could add to this list?
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

4 comments:

  1. Good examples! Those types of exercises are so important. Especially if you run! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, welcome to my blog :) I just started these a few months back..before that I was mostly a cardio person..now I can see how doing weights even helps my cardio, though I can't call myself a runner yet I'm aiming for that

      Delete
  2. :) good going Tanvee! Iam impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Z, how are you? Hope you are doing better and the fever's gone, this is one of my regular workout routines..I love how my legs feel after this workout :)

      Delete