Monday 26 August 2013

My exact thoughts during this morning's jog


Check running plan...7k 40minutes....7k 40 minutes....(during my dynamic stretching )
Start jogging...
Will I manage, maybe...maybe not...do your best...check distance at 20 minutes
Breath properly tanvee...inhale (1234) exhale (123) ohh god breath properly tanvee...inhale (1234) exhale(1234)......
What all do I have in my to- do list, I should plan ....write to a friend, blog, cook, read...get ready for the week...ooh god upslope, today I don't want to stop..I know I can jog without stopping, my legs hurt more during RPM...I know I can manage this slope, it’s not much...Breath properly tanvee...inhale (1234) exhale(1234)...slope done yay!!!!
Should I check my time? No just run till you reach half way then check time...
I am already feeling tired...I hope I don't get a side stitch...breath properly.tanvee inhale(1234) exhale (1234).... Please don't get side stitch...please please...Finish halfway in 19 minutes I have one minute to spare...should I walk? No run what if you get tired later?
Run run Tanvee run...ooh....so many people running on a bank holiday this early in the morning, I thought I would be the only one...get more disciplined tanvee..
No stopping till I reach the end of my lane...ooh I reached the end, should I stop? No continue till you reach home ...check time...I have 2 more minutes to complete 7k run tanvee run...run tanvee 2 minutes its possible for you to complete your run...finally 7k over 41 minutes... 1 minute longer than planned....damn...next time I better finish 1 minute early.

What do you think about while jogging outside? I noticed most of the times I am focusing on getting my breathing right, I count to make sure I don't take short breath, I have to actually keep reminding myself ;) are your thoughts more interesting?


Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

13 comments:

  1. All I can say is damn girl, you're faster than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) :) but I am no runner like you Leigh, I keep reading your blog for the discipline you have to get out and run as planned, the distance you run is amazing for me 10k is it.I am still trying to reduce my 10k time and then I will move to the next step..I have not had the courage to participate in a race because I think my speed is not good, or I will not be able to keep up on the race day

      Delete
  2. Hi Tanvee! Yes, very much faster than Keebler and I doing our dog show run around the neighborhood. (I have the excuse of having a jogging partner with 8 inch long legs.:D) Really though, I talk to myself like that during my workouts. A lot of self-talk about confronting those feelings of slow down and just quit. And many feelings of encouragement, confidence, and triumph. You are AWESOME!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I had a dog around for my own dog show ;). I wanted to write this post for a while so this morning I made it a point to keep track of my thoughts while running too..it is surprising how many times I have to keep pushing myself and encouraging myself to go on, as long as it works :)
      Marion, I really should thank you for your daily dose of compliments, they always make my day..

      Delete
  3. Wow. ..I normally fast walk for 5 rounds in a stadium near my house. The stadium has football ground. I walk 5 rounds around it. I used to jog but stopped since I was diagnosed with gout in foot. I just think about things I need to do that day and many times about the work done yesterday and find some faults which I rectify today. I feel pleasant. But I am always sad I do it alone. But sometimes think its better as I can think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going through to-do list and just life is general is a good thing to do during walks,that is why I prefer to do them alone...becomes my thinking time..

      Delete
  4. 41 minutes is an awesome time! Well done! I think I wrote a similar post many months ago. You put your mind to it and did it. I love that 'stronger' voice that comes in during moments of doubt - definitely something to harness and use to fuel yourself during your workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all a mind game for me...I think I can push myself as much as my mind is willing to...if my mind says I can do it..I can otherwise no way would I finish in that time, I must go and loook at your post, read about the way your mind works, should be very interesting

      Delete
  5. Funny! I talk to myself all the time when I run too. Pep talk to keep me going if it's a challenging run. Self-therapy when it's an easy run. Either way, it's good for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first thought usually is 'Oh... My Legs!!' because I haven't done any stretching since finishing my last run and it takes a few minutes to work it all out! The rest depends on whether I think it might have a good time. If I think that I might do well that day I just focus on pace and constantly pick it up. If I know I won't do that great, then I just sort of think about nothing, enjoy the scenery and such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually listen to an audiobook and if I take my mind off that I miss something! I do talk to myself sometimes though as a way to encourage myself to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always have an audiobook on hand. I listen to it while I exercise, clean the house, wait at traffic lights...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I listen music when I do exercise...& you have done great post...i like your blog....

    ReplyDelete