Monday 10 March 2014

Weekly Special - breakfast & snacks



Baked Oatmeal with Banana, Nuts and Coconut
Ingredients
2 cups Oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 can reduced fat coconut milk (I used less of this)
1 egg
1/3 cup maple syrup (I used less of this)
2 bananas
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon baking powder
(remaining ingredients I added according to my taste)



Method
  1. Preheat oven at 375 degree
  2. Take a baking dish and spray it with cooking oil
  3. Place a single layer of chopped banana in the baking dish
  4. Add a layer of mixed nuts or some other chopped fruit
  5. In a separate bowl mix oats, coconut, baking powder, cinnamon and a pinch of salt
  6. Add this mixture on top of the fruit layer
  7. In another bowl mix maple syrup,coconut milk, water, eggs and vanilla
  8. Pour this mixture into the baking dish
  9. Bake for 45 minutes  
(I tweaked a recipe I found here -http://cookieandkate.com/2011/healthy-baked-oatmeal/)

Banana Oatmeal Pancake
 
Ingredients
2 cups Oats flour
11/2 cups almond milk
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon honey
1 egg
vanilla
cinnamon

Method
  1. Mix all ingredients
  2. Heat a pan
  3. Pour batter on the hot pan
  4. Wait for both sides to become brown - done :)
(Depending on the consistency of the batter change the quantity of the ingredients, I am not sure where I found this recipe but there are lots of similar recipes online )
 
Very easy Protein Bars
Ingredients
2 cups oat flour
1/2 cup protein powder
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoon cacao nibs

Method
  1. Mix oat flour, protein powder and cacao nibs
  2. Add almond butter, maple syrup if the mixture is too dry add a bit of almond milk
  3. Press into a pan and freeze this for 5-10 minutes
(I tweaked this recipe from here -http://ohsheglows.com/2013/08/29/quick-n-easy-no-bake-protein-bars/ )

My presentation skills are a bit poor but the taste makes each of these recipes worth trying
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing 
Tanvee

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tanvee - thanks again for sharing some recipe ideas - however, I will probably give these a miss as they will be a little too much carbohydrate for me ......

    However, I'm sure others will find them ok

    It's good to exchange recipe ideas and choose which ones are for us and which ones not

    Thanks

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the more carbohydrates in all these recipes...I usually eat eggs but Terence prefers oats so I was surfing around looking for different recipes that he would like :)
    I like the idea of exchanging recipes especially because I am so new to all this..it's very good for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recipes T!
    I dont do well with bananas, can I substitute it with something?

    ReplyDelete