Wednesday 7 May 2014

Who says it's Easy?

  • There will always be tough choices to make : It does get easier as you keep going at healthy living but there will always be those days when you really want to skip a workout. There will be days when you want to eat something not in your plan. The other day I had gone for a party and I was the only one sipping on water when everybody else was enjoying their dessert that was not easy but I managed, then there was a day when I missed my workout because I had to finish my work. All choices are my own, sometimes they are right and sometimes I mess up.
  • Plans can get messed up : I wish I could control everything but that’s not how life works, so there are days when my plans get messed up for no fault of mine. Sometimes my plan itself is a mess because without even realising I have too many things that need to be done in a day. All this affects my workouts and my eating habits also. If I am too tired I can’t put in the same effort in my workouts. There are times when I forget about planning my snacks and I find myself either sipping on more coffee or nibbling on stuff that’s no good (this is usually more than reasonable amount of nuts)
  • It’s easy to go back to old bad habits : This is one thing I am scared of, I really believe it is very easy for just one day to become one week and then one year.In no time I would be back to the square one...
So that was a list of how things can go wrong. I have personally been in all of the situations mentioned above but that does not stop me from working towards my fitness. A few things that help me:

  • Tough Choices : When I have a tough choice to make I ask myself what is important, even after that if I find myself making a not so healthy choice I promise myself to make it up through my workouts or eating cleaner than usual starting asap and most importantly I keep my promiseSo if I miss a workout I will either fit in an extra workout in the remaining week, if my days are already busy I increase all my workouts by a 10 - 15 minutes as long as I cover up my workout...if I eat more than I planned to I will switch up my food the next day to balance out my calories or I will work out extra. Next time you find yourself making an unhealthy choice find a way...I have always been able to find a way I am sure all of you can too.
  • Messed up Plans :When plans get messed up my first instinct used to be disappointment, I would get frustrated, irritated and very upset with myself and all this naturally makes it easier to give up but now when a plan gets messed up I scrap it and make a new better plan. It’s not fair to blame myself if something unexpected comes up instead I have started to have confidence in myself to always come up with a better plan . As long as I reach my goal the plan can keep changing...
  • Old Habits: I keep from going back to old habits by reminding myself what could happen if I start slacking that’s the best way for me to keep moving forward the other thing I do is I try to fit in a workout whereever I am by workouts I don’t mean I have to always follow my usual routine but I will make it a point to go for a jog or long walks or just climb stairs anything that I can do to stay active...it might not burn as many calories as my usual workout but as long as I sweat it out a little I know I am  not going back to being a couch potato
How do you handle such situations?How do you make the right choice and how do you stop yourself from going back to old habits?
Keep Reading I will Keep Writing   
Tanvee

8 comments:

  1. Determination is the key, although you may sometimes have to change plans for a niggling injury, or you'd planned a run or exercise and you are needed elsewhere for work or personal reasons.

    Keep it going, keep it steady and keep focused.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are spot on :) determination...being focused and keep moving forward is the way

      Delete
  2. I never really forced or planned a diet as its difficult as I don't cook and eat what my wife cooks. As far as exercise is concerned I make it up on next day or in the evenings. I read today that weight loss is 70% diet and 30% exercise is it true? I like the way ur taking things and its really a tough path. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is a lot to do with eating healthy...I will email you some stuff soon :)

      Delete
  3. I agree with the first comment determination is needed. Personally for me I can't add more time to my workout other days due to personal and work commitments, we have to work with what we've got! It gets harder when you have a full time job and three kids lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes determination is so important to keep moving through all our other everyday stuff...I am sure it does get really hard with kids and a full time job I can't even imagine that..but you are doing so well :)

      Delete
  4. I lost 11 pounds and after piling them back on, all I think of coke food, infact I even ate 3 muffins today :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Z, it's not easy but I am going to support you all I can to get you back on track :)

      Delete